What do they do?
Tools and Methods
Product Providers build the backbone of our business. They calculate costs and determine technical prices and help design our products. As strategic thinkers with a deep understanding of financial systems, our investment actuary and actuarial analysts play a key role for the stability and future development of Allianz, and have a direct impact on business decisions.
They work as business partners and consultants with our product managers and underwriters and provide technical expertise to ensure our products are best-serving our customers while enabling Allianz to be more profitable and more competitive.
The responsibilities of our product providers are manifold:
- Meet a wide range of challenges in our insurance sectors life & health and property & casualty: pricing, reserving, risk management, loss analysis, risk modeling, controlling and product development
- Develop and apply models and tools to gain insights into the implications and containment of financial risks.
- Directly influence the business strategy by calculating the risk capital and the possible fluctuations of the reserves.
- Be directly involved in turning ideas into new products: Your tasks range from development, risk assessment and technical coordination of the product development process to pricing.
- Pro-actively monitor new trends and products from competitors. Analyzing and steering the external ratings of products and corporations are also part of your responsibilities.