What do they do?
Product Providers build the backbone of our business. They calculate costs and determine technical prices and help design our products. As strategic thinkers with a deep understanding of financial systems, our investment actuary and actuarial analysts play a key role for the stability and future development of Allianz, and have a direct impact on business decisions.
They work as business partners and consultants with our product managers and underwriters and provide technical expertise to ensure our products are best-serving our customers while enabling Allianz to be more profitable and more competitive.
The responsibilities of our product providers are manifold:
- Meet a wide range of challenges in our insurance sectors life & health and property & casualty: pricing, reserving, risk management, loss analysis, risk modeling, controlling and product development
- Develop and apply models and tools to gain insights into the implications and containment of financial risks.
- Directly influence the business strategy by calculating the risk capital and the possible fluctuations of the reserves.
- Be directly involved in turning ideas into new products: Your tasks range from development, risk assessment and technical coordination of the product development process to pricing.
- Pro-actively monitor new trends and products from competitors. Analyzing and steering the external ratings of products and corporations are also part of your responsibilities.